Bodies ...

Today we (Leeny, Alicia, Matt and I) got to see the "Our Body: The Universe Within" exhibit at the Orlando Science Center.
Very similar to what I've heard about the other body exhibit currently being shown in San Diego, this exhibit in Orlando had several different angles and parts of bodies to show just how intricate our bodies really are.
We were all amazed as to the different systems that the body has. Even though we'd all studied biology at to different degrees in our schooling, it was simply amazing to see inside the spinal chord, or clearly see all the arteries and veins in the body (with no skin/muscle around it), else see how the body looked sliced up (two different bodies, one sliced horizontally and the other sliced vertically). This picture is from the OSC website, since I wasn't allowed to take pictures in the exhibit itself.
Afterwards we walked around a bit of the rest of the science center and saw different snakes during feeing time ... a boa constrictor took 10 minutes to eat his large rat, while a black snake (sorry, I don't remember what kind it was, only that when I looked down at it, it watched me for over a minute .....) took about 30 seconds to eat his little mouse. We also saw the skeleton of a bull frog on display (and of course I took a couple of pictures ;) ), as well as in the center of the museum they had a whole habitat for live alligators, turtles and fish. The alligators were really not friendly (snapping and hissing at us as soon as we got near the railing) but I think it was just because they were waiting for their food.
Here is the web album of our pictures from the Orlando Science Center
... just a warning though .... the first picture in the album (not the cover) is of the black snake just before he ate his mouse.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home